Chewy and packed with rich, nutty flavor, this fuss-free recipe checks all the boxes for the ultimate peanut butter cookie. Plus, it’s the supersize bakery style you know and love marked with the crosshatch pattern. The secret to these addictively nutty cookies? Fix & Fogg Smooth Peanut Butter, a flavorful peanut butter made with aromatic roasted peanuts that are ground into a creamy, homestyle consistency.
Roman and Andrea Jewell, both former lawyers who left their corporate lives behind, founded Fix & Fogg about six years ago when they were expecting their first child. Named after characters from the classic adventure novel Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne, they wanted to create something sustainable and meaningful that’s handmade with quality ingredients: the best butters. From peanut, hazelnut, and cashew butters to the company’s popular “Everything Butter,” Fix & Fogg offers a variety of nut butters in classic and fun flavors, and it’s all 100% natural. Fix & Fogg also does its part for the environment and reducing food waste by offering a public jar return at its “window” location in Wellington, New Zealand. The employees then clean and reuse as many jars as they can! The handmade butters have won awards in New Zealand, Australia, and Singapore, and most recently, a SOFI gold award in the US.
Luckily for those of us in the Southern United States, Fix & Fogg recently expanded to the US with their Houston, Texas, location. Make sure to stop by their Westheimer Road window if you’re in the area! You can also purchase Fix & Fogg butters online.
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (220 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg (50 grams)
- 2 large egg yolks (37 grams)
- ¾ cup (192 grams) Fix & Fogg Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon (21 grams) honey
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon (3.75 grams) baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 grams) baking soda
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg and egg yolks, beating well. Add peanut butter, honey, and vanilla, beating until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a ¼-cup spring-loaded scoop, scoop dough (67 grams each), and toss in granulated sugar. Place 3 inches apart on prepared pans. Press tines of a fork into surface of dough, making a crosshatch design. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Bake until light golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.