There is no better feeling than waking up to a fresh pan of sweet, warmly spiced cinnamon rolls on a crisp fall morning. Well, these Pecan Caramel Cinnamon Rolls add even more intrigue with a slightly salty caramel drizzle and the nutty crunch of toasted pecans from Schermer Pecans. Toasting the pecans only adds to their crunch and rich, earthy flavor. Plus, each fantastically fluffy roll is perfectly portioned so that everyone can enjoy their own single serving of sweet, cinnamon bliss. The result is sweet rolls of melt-in-your-mouth, ooey-gooey goodness that will be the highlight of any holiday morning.
Pecan Caramel Cinnamon Rolls
Makes 12 jumbo rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Dough
- ½ cup (110 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (6 grams) ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (113 grams) pecan halves, lightly toasted and chopped
- 1 large egg (50 grams), lightly beaten
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (60 grams) water
- ⅓ cup (80 grams) heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup (57 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- Spray 2 (6-cup) jumbo muffin pans with cooking spray.
- For rolls: Lightly punch down Cinnamon Roll Dough. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and roll into a 20x10½-inch rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread butter onto dough, and sprinkle with sugar mixture and pecans, leaving a ½-inch border on one long side. Brush egg over side of dough without filling.
- Starting with one long side, roll dough into a log, pinching seam to seal. Trim ends, and slice into 12 rolls. Place in prepared muffin cups. Let rise in a warm, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) until dough has risen to just below rim of muffin cups, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool in pans for 15 minutes. Remove from pans.
- For caramel: In a large saucepan, stir together sugar and ¼ cup (60 grams) water. Cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until mixture is amber colored. Remove from heat, and stir in cream, butter, vanilla, and salt. (Mixture will foam.) Let cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle over warm rolls.
Where is the dough part… this recipe seems to be missing flour…
Hey Jenn, if you link in the ingredients, you’ll notice that the recipe starts with our base Cinnamon Roll Dough. If you click on it, it’ll take you to the master recipe. Happy Baking!
Gorgeous recipe! Just made a batch and they have gone down a treat 🙂
Wawawa this is Mind Blowing will definitely try it
This recipe for the dough does not include the yeast or flour to be able to make this recipe. Try again,
Please follow the link for Cinnamon Roll Dough found at the top of the ingredients list. There, you’ll find the correct flour and yeast measurements.
Hope this helps, and happy baking!