An ode to the harvest haul, this Pumpkin Mascarpone Bundt Cake with Mascarpone Glaze captures the essence of autumn baking. For heightened decadence and complexity, we paired the ultimate flavor of fall, pumpkin, with mascarpone, folding it into the batter and using it as the base for the glaze. Mascarpone’s slight tang enhances the buttery, subtly sweet taste of pumpkin—along with vanilla, orange zest, and soul-warming pumpkin pie spice. Prepare for an aromatic explosion of rich fall flavor with every bite. The pumpkin-mascarpone combo also creates an ultra-moist, delightfully dense, and creamy texture that bakes beautifully into the mesmerizing design of the Nordic Ware 10-cup Brilliance Bundt Pan. This will be your go-to cake recipe to ring in the season for years to come.
- 1¼ cups (250 grams) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (55 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs (150 grams), room temperature
- 1 (15-ounce) can (425 grams) pumpkin
- 8 ounces (225 grams) mascarpone cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup (76 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) packed orange zest
- 2¼ cups (281 grams) unbleached cake flour
- 2½ teaspoons (5 grams) pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon (3.75 grams) baking soda
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) all-vegetable shortening, melted
- Mascarpone Glaze (recipe follows)
- Garnish: pumpkin pie spice, pepitas
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat sugars and eggs at medium speed until fluffy and lightened in color, 2 to 3 minutes. Add pumpkin, mascarpone, melted butter, vanilla, and orange zest; beat at medium-low speed until well combined, 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. (Mixture may look curdled at this point, but batter will come together.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, pie spice, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating just until combined.
- Using a small pastry brush, coat inside of a 10-cup Nordic Ware Brilliance Bundt Pan with melted shortening. Spoon batter into prepared pan; forcefully tap pan on counter several times to spread batter into grooves and release as many air bubbles as possible. (The pan will be quite full, but the batter will not overflow.)
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 55 to 58 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Using a small offset spatula, gently loosen cake from center of pan. Invert onto a wire rack placed over a parchment-lined baking sheet; let cool completely.
- Working quickly, spoon a portion of Mascarpone Glaze over top of cake. Drizzle additional glaze onto and between outer ridges, spreading with the back of a spoon or a small offset spatula to cover completely. (Scoop and reuse excess glaze pooled on parchment paper, if needed.) Garnish with pie spice and pepitas, if desired.
- 3½ cups (420 grams) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 5 tablespoons (75 grams) whole milk
- ¼ cup (52 grams) mascarpone cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients until smooth. Use immediately.
Our Bundtologists share their expert tips to help you master our October Bundt! Click the image to enlarge. Note that each of these tips is specific to this recipe and the Brilliance Bundt Pan. Results may vary for other recipes and other pans.