Sparkling wine and chocolate are a winning combination, creating a celebratory tart ideal for any celebration. With a graham cracker crumb base, a semisweet ganache filling, and a sparkling wine-spiked white chocolate cream topping, this Sparkling Wine Chocolate Ganache Tart is chilled perfection. If you abstain from alcohol, you can easily make this tart into a purely chocolate and cream affair (see Notes)—because a chocolate tart is a celebration.
Sparkling Wine Chocolate Ganache Tart
Makes 1 (9½-inch) tart
- 1½ cups (176 grams) chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 12 sheets)
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons (84 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 10 ounces (284 grams) 64% cacao semisweet chocolate*, finely chopped (about 1⅔ cups)
- 2 cups (480 grams) cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup (80 grams) plus 2 tablespoons (30 grams) brut sparkling white wine, divided
- 6 ounces (170 grams) white chocolate*, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- Garnish: dark chocolate crunchy pearls, semisweet chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9½-inch fluted round removable-bottom tart pan with baking spray with flour.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar, pulse until well combined. Add melted butter; pulse until well combined and mixture holds together when pinched. Press graham cracker mixture into bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake until crust is set and fragrant, 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In the top of a double boiler, combine semisweet chocolate, 1 cup (240 grams) cold cream, and salt. Cook over simmering water, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted, and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; gradually whisk in ⅓ cup (80 grams) sparkling wine until smooth and well combined. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Refrigerate until semisweet chocolate mixture is set, at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- In the clean top of a double boiler, combine white chocolate and ⅓ cup (80 grams) cold cream. Cook over simmering water, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted, and mixture is smooth. Transfer white chocolate mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer and let cool to room temperature (70°F/21°C).
- Using the whisk attachment, beat cooled white chocolate mixture at medium speed; gradually add remaining 2 tablespoons (30 grams) sparkling wine, beating until well combined. Reduce mixer speed to medium-low; slowly add ⅓ cup (80 grams) cold cream, beating until smooth and stopping frequently to scrape sides of bowl. Increase mixer speed to medium; gradually add remaining ⅓ cup (80 grams) cold cream, beating until medium-stiff peaks form. (Whisk by hand toward end if needed; do not overmix.) Spread and swirl topping on tart as desired, being careful not to overhandle white chocolate mixture. Garnish with chocolate pearls and chocolate shavings, if desired. Refrigerate until topping is set, about 30 minutes. Remove from pan and serve immediately.
For a more subtle flavor, reduce the sparkling wine in the white chocolate topping to 1 tablespoon (15 grams). For an alcohol-free option, replace the sparkling wine in the filling with the same amount of heavy whipping cream and omit it in the white chocolate topping.