These cakes bring the ever-popular combination of strawberries and cream to each decadent slice. With homemade strawberry sauce swirled into each loaf, they’re just as beautiful as they are delicious.
Strawberry and Cream Cheese Pound Cake Loaves
Makes 2 (8½x4½-inch) loaves
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package (225 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups (600 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (13 grams) vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs (300 grams)
- 3½ cups (438 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 grams) baking powder
- 1 cup (240 grams) heavy whipping cream
- Strawberry Sauce (recipe follows)
- Strawberry preserves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C). Spray 2 (8½x4½-inch) loaf pans with baking spray with flour. Line pans with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan. Spray pans again.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed until creamy. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Transfer half of batter to a medium bowl; set aside.
- Spoon one-third of remaining batter into 1 prepared pan. Spread ¼ cup (67 grams) Strawberry Sauce onto batter. Repeat layers once; top with remaining one-third batter. Using a wooden skewer, gently swirl batter. Repeat procedure with remaining batter and remaining Strawberry Sauce. Tap pans on counter twice to release air bubbles.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Serve with strawberry preserves, if desired.
Makes about 1 cup
- ½ pound (298 grams) fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) water
- 1 tablespoon (8 grams) cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons (36 grams) granulated sugar
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse strawberries until smooth, about 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons (30 grams) water and cornstarch until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together puréed strawberries and sugar over medium-high heat. Whisk in cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute.