These make a great breakfast, afternoon snack, or casual dessert. The strawberry jam may also be exchanged for any other flavor you might fancy. This recipe uses our Quick Strawberry Jam recipe.
Strawberry Jam Crumble Bars
Write a review
- 1½ cups (210 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups (110 grams) old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup (173 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup (166 grams) granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup (75 grams) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons (11 grams) kosher salt
- 1¾ cups fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1½ cups Quick Strawberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, and spray with baking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, oats, melted butter, sugars, and salt with a wooden spoon until crumbly. Press half of mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle with strawberries, and cover with Quick Strawberry Jam. Sprinkle remaining crumble on top.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing.
Bake from Scratch https://www.bakefromscratch.com/
Read the whole article in Bake From Scratch Summer 2016.