Calling all iced tea lovers! We’re taking your favorite cool summer drink and transforming it into your new favorite summer cake. This pound cake gets its moist texture and refreshing flavor from a couple of special ingredients—Sweet Tea Simple Syrup and cream infused with Luzianne Tea. And because a cold glass of iced tea is always better with fresh slices of lemon, we topped this cake with lemon glaze.
Sweet Tea Pound Cake
Makes 1 (15-cup) Bundt cake
- 1½ cups (340 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 2¾ cups (550 grams) granulated sugar
- 7 large eggs (350 grams), room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons (6 grams) vanilla extract
- 3¼ cups (406 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- 1 cup (240 grams) Tea-Infused Cream (recipe follows)
- Sweet Tea Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- Lemon Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 6 to 7 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with Tea-Infused Cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition.
- Spray a 15-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Loosely cover with foil, and bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes more. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack. Brush Sweet Tea Simple Syrup onto warm cake.Let stand for 15 minutes; brush Sweet Tea Simple Syrup onto cake again. Let cool completely.
- Place a piece of parchment paper under wire rack. Spoon Lemon Glaze onto cooled cake before serving.
- 1 cup (240 grams) heavy whipping cream, plus more if needed
- 2 family-size tea bags (16 grams) Luzianne Tea*
- In a small saucepan, heat cream over medium-low heat just until bubbles form around edges of pan. (Do not boil.) Remove from heat, and add tea bags. Let stand for 10 minutes. Discard tea bags, pressing against side of pan to remove any liquid. Measure cream to make sure you have exactly 1 cup (240 grams); add additional heavy whipping cream, if necessary. Let cool completely.
*For a stronger Tea-Infused Cream, use 4 family-size tea bags in 1½ cups (360 grams) heavy whipping cream, ensuring sure you have 1 cup (240 grams) Tea-Infused Cream to use in Sweet Tea Pound Cake.
Sweet Tea Simple Syrup
About 2 cups
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (240 grams) water
- 4 family-size tea bags (32 grams) Luzianne Tea
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and 1 cup (240 grams) water to a boil over medium-high heat; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat; add tea bags. Let stand for 10 minutes. Discard tea bags. Let cool completely before using.
Makes about 1 cup
- 1½ cups (180 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45 grams) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (21 grams) light corn syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients until smooth.