It’s official: This is the perfect chocolate chip cookie. At once cakey, chewy, and loaded with melted dark chocolate, it’s everything a chocolate chip cookie should be. Voted #1 for The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie by Food52, this recipe is a clear winner! Find this recipe in our award-winning cookbook, The Cookie Collection by Brian Hart Hoffman.
The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 34 cookies
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (165 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (100 grams)
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups (344 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon (3.75 grams) baking soda
- 2 cups (340 grams) chopped 66% cacao dark chocolate*
- Garnish: flaked sea salt
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars at medium speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, kosher salt, and baking soda. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in chopped chocolate. Using a 1.5-ounce spring-loaded scoop, scoop dough (about 30 grams each), and place on prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place chilled dough at least 2 inches apart on prepared pans.
- Bake until golden, about 8 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Garnish with sea salt, if desired.
*We used Valrhona Caraïbe 66% Cacao Chocolate Feves.
[…] je vais tout de suite vous citer ma source pour cette recette : il s’agit du blog Bake From Scratch … Quand j’ai vu passer la photo sur mon flux Instagram, j’ai craqué direct […]