After one taste of these fluffy vanilla bean marshmallows, you’ll vow to never buy them from the store again.
Vanilla Bean Marshmallows
Write a review
- ⅔ cup (160 grams) water, divided
- 2 (0.25-ounce) envelopes (14 grams) unflavored gelatin
- 1¼ cups (250 grams) granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup (226 grams) light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons (4 grams) vanilla bean powder
- ½ cup (60 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup (32 grams) cornstarch
- Spray a 9-inch square baking pan lined with parchment with cooking spray, and generously dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- In a large bowl, place ⅓ cup (80 grams) water. Sprinkle gelatin over water, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, combine granulated sugar, corn syrup, and remaining ⅓ cup (80 grams) water. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved and a candy thermometer registers 240°F, about 6 minutes. Slowly drizzle sugar mixture into gelatin mixture, and beat in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment at low speed just until combined. Increase mixer speed to medium, and beat until mixture begins to thicken, about 1 minute. Increase mixer speed to high, and beat until mixture turns very thick, white, and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Beat in vanilla bean powder. Spoon marshmallow mixture into prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together confectioners’ sugar and cornstarch. Dust top of marshmallow mixture with confectioners’ sugar mixture, and flatten with hands. Let set for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut into pieces with a wet knife, and toss in confectioners’ sugar mixture. Store in an airtight container up to two weeks.
Bake from Scratch https://www.bakefromscratch.com/